As a graduate of Project Managemenet Professional (PMP) Certification, a professional demonstrates that he/she has the experience and education to successfully lead and direct projects. It is one of the most sought after skills in any company . The PMP credential is for experienced project management professionals, as the qualifications and testing for this certification are rigorous, as are the required continuing education requirements.
A new PMI research shoes that Project Manager with PMP Certification is also one of the highest paid profession in the world. In 2013 Global Salary Study of over 30,000 Project Management practitioners in 29 countries, PMI reported:
- The median global annualized salary is US$92,000; in the United States, it is US$105,000.
- 71 percent of respondents reported that their total compensation (including salary, bonus and other benefits) had increased over the previous 12 months.
- Nearly 33 percent reported increases of at least 5 percent of total compensation in the last year.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential holders in the United States earned an average of 16 percent more (approximately US$14,500) than their non-credentialed peers in 2011.
PMP Certification has been reported to be the top paying certifications by several surverys:
- No. 1 top paying certification in 2013 reported by Global Knowledge [http://www.globalknowledge.com/training/generic.asp?pageid=3430]
- No. 1 top paying certification in 2013 reported by About.com [http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/educationfortechcareers/tp/HighestCerts.htm]
- No. 7 of ZDNet’s 10 best IT certifications [http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/the-10-best-it-certifications/11189]
- No. 4 in CertCities.com’s 10 Hottest Certifications for 2006 [http://certcities.com/editorial/features/story.asp?EditorialsID=95]